Dental Implants – A Permanent Solution for Tooth Loss
Dental implants provide a durable and natural looking solution to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all your teeth. Cosmetic dental implants can be an option to solve some serious cosmetic dental issues. Dramatically improve your smile, the shape of your face and your quality of life by permanently replacing missing teeth using dental implants. A dental implant looks like a natural tooth, and offers the same natural biting force. Smile, speak and eat with confidence!
How do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are one of the most successful options available for replacing missing teeth. The actual dental implant is a small, titanium post which is carefully positioned in the jawbone. Over several weeks, the dental implant fuses with the bone and is supported by the surrounding gum tissue, creating the stability and strength much like a natural tooth root. A replacement dental crown, dental bridge or denture is attached to the metal post. The result is a permanent solution that looks and works like a natural tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Highly Successful – After decades of research, dental implants have a success rate around 95%, with proper dental hygiene.
- Strong as Natural Teeth – Due to anchoring in the bone and tissue, dental implants offer the same biting force as a natural tooth. Smile, speak, and eat with ease.
- Lasting solution – With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, unlike dentures and bridges which may require replacement numerous times, at significant cost.
- Preserves Neighboring Teeth – Adjacent, healthy teeth aren’t altered or harmed.
- Easily Maintained – Dental implants can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth.
- Comfortable Anchor for Bridge or Denture – Secure and stabilize your dental bridge or denture, enhancing comfort and function in smiling, eating, and speaking. Dentures or bridges which are anchored by dental implants can be easily removed for cleaning and easily replaced.