When the procedure is complete, we will have some specific instructions for you about how to care for your new implants. But we’re using this space to provide a general outline.
Keeping your new dental implant clean is essential in order to get the most out of it. Never become complacent about taking care of it. Dental implants can attract plaque and bacteria, just like natural teeth. This can lead to infection and, in extreme cases, loss of the implant.
- Brush the implant at least twice each day
- Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush (we’ll have recommendations)
- Use an interdental brush for hard-to-reach places (we’ll have recommendations)
- Thoroughly brush the top and sides of the crown, and underneath it
- Use a low-abrasive toothpaste
- Floss with unwaxed tape every day; implant-specific floss is available
A dental irrigator can also be useful.
- Remove the denture at least once a day and soak it in a recommended cleaner
- Brush all sides with a denture brush; don’t forget underneath
- Inspect it thoroughly for any signs of wear
- Rinse thoroughly before placing it back in your mouth
Again, we will have instructions that are specific to your case. Keeping your dental implant clean is essential for longevity. Whether it’s one implant or several, dental implants from Koch Aesthetic Dentistry in Birmingham will improve your life. To find out more, call our office today!
Koch Aesthetic Dentistry